We’re excited to announce a new feature designed with remote and blended learning environments in mind: real-time collaboration.
Teachers and students can edit videos together in real time, regardless of location. Whether you’re in the classroom or remote, you can feel like you’re editing videos side-by-side.
The feature is currently in beta. Owners of WeVideo for Schools accounts can activate real-time collaboration for teachers and students by logging into WeVideo (detailed instructions below).
WeVideo’s Chief Education Officer, Dr. Nathan Lang-Raad, said, “Real-time collaboration is a core part of every career field and subject discipline. The same holds true for the classroom. More than ever, learning should be part of a social context, as learners collectively rely on each other’s thinking to solve complex problems and create. No matter what subject or concept we teach, collaboration is a crucial component of blended learning.”
He added, “When students engage in real-time collaboration, they experience the following (both in-person or at home):
- Higher ownership and investment in the project
- Increased efficiency and productivity, which means they can channel cognitive energy into creative processes
- An increase in their individual and collective efficacy
- More control over the time, place, path, or pace of learning.
- The ability to collectively work together in a blended/remote context
- Opportunities to build necessary skills of teamwork and cooperative learning as a part of project based learning.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the ways educators teach and students learn. While some students have returned to schools for in-person learning, others are still fully remote and some are doing blended learning, a combination of in-person and remote learning.
No matter what the subject or concept is, collaboration is a key component of blended learning. Work together. Learn new skills together. Get creative together. What will you and your students create using real-time collaboration?
Owners: How to activate real-time collaboration
The WeVideo administrator for your account needs to sign in.
- Click the Admin menu in the top navigation bar.
- In the Global account settings tab, turn on real-time collaboration access to grant your organization early access to this beta feature.
New to WeVideo?
For a limited time, save 30% when you purchase a two year WeVideo for Schools plan. Discount applies to classroom, school, or district-wide plans. Act now, this offer was extended and expires November 30.