Audio-only mobile recording, assignment teams, and more!
No April Fool's here! We've introduced a treasure trove of updates to our Classroom space and mobile app, including:
- Audio-only recording on the WeVideo mobile app.
- Assignment teams (chosen by you!).
- Quickly adjust design elements with interactive preview.
- Customize text layers with strokes and shadows.
- And last but not least — advanced export settings.
End-to-end interactive video creation
WeVideo and PlayPosit are now one step closer together — making it faster and easier to create interactive multimedia. Toggle between our two tools right from the Classic or Classroom spaces!
Use the force, dear educator...
...and seamlessly toggle between light and dark mode in the Classroom space! And that's not all:
- Create GIF and podcast-based assignments.
- Return assignments to students with feedback attached.
- Create folders for your projects in the Classroom space (like you've done in Classic!).
Accessibility for the win!
Educators, BIG update! Well...big in terms of functionality, little in terms of learning curve. Now you can automatically generate subtitles (and .vtt subtitle files) for any video in the Projects tab. More accessible video content = deeper learning for all.
Easily remove and replace video backgrounds in our iOS app with just a few taps. Talk about an A+ feature for student assignments. PLUS, some extra credit for ya — we've added the power of "copy to web" to the Classroom space. Start projects in the app (and, y'know, use the background remover), then finish them in the Classroom editor!
Better assignments + anytime invitations
- Enhanced Assignments: No more “Teacher, where’s that resource again?” Now you can add rich text, hyperlinks, and even media directly to your assignments.
- Invitation Collaboration: Invite anyone from your WeVideo school account to collaborate on projects at any time—beginning, middle, or end!
Media uploader to the rescue!
We heard you educators—your students are recording content on their phones and need an easy-peasy way to transfer it straight from the app to the Classroom editor. Good news: Now they can (and so can you!).
Send projects directly to PlayPosit
Exciting news, educators! We've taken the first step towards a seamless WeVideo + PlayPosit workflow. You can now send projects directly from WeVideo to PlayPosit.
Classroom Updates: Projects & Co-Teacher Flow
- Working on something not related to a classroom assignment? Now you (and your students) can do so directly in the Classroom space. Just click on the Projects tab!
- Co-Teacher Flow: Easily add other educators to Classes for instant instructional collaboration.
WeVideo acquires PlayPosit!
We're excited to welcome PlayPosit into the WeVideo family! Get ready to enhance video content for your students with interactive engagement and real-time measurement capabilities.
New tools in the Classroom space
Good news! We've made a few updates to the Classroom space, including adding new features for your students, like filters and Grid & Snap.
Add WeVideo to Google Classroom
Educators can add WeVideo directly to Google classroom with the new add-on feature. In other words, it just got even easier to use WeVideo with your students!