We hope you had a wonderful summer! We’ve been eager to share what we’ve been working on over the summer. Watch our very first *VIDEO* newsletter to get updates, project ideas, inspiration, and more! ?
- (NEW!) Educator’s Getting Started Guide (google doc)- Check out our brand new guide filled with helpful tips to get started successfully and ideas and inspiration for projects and implementation.
- (NEW!) Educator Resource Hub (submit your idea)– The WeVideo for Schools website is getting a makeover! We will be launching an educator hub where you can access video examples and inspiration, lesson plans, and tutorials. Have a great idea to share for the educator hub?
Submit your videos, lesson plans, tutorials here
Project Ideas, Demos, Updates
- How to make a back-to-school video (blog post)– Check out 4 back-to-school video ideas you can make and how to make them
- Tracy Stegall 6th grade expectations video (blog post)– Check out how this Boulder Colorado school created an “expectations video” that was both funny and meaningful
- Green Screen Tutorial (video)– Learn how easy it is to use the green screen feature on WeVideo to change out a background or change out just a smaller portion of the video
- Morning announcement template (in the product)- Log into your account or sign up for a teacher trial to try out the “Morning Announcement” template.
- Essentials Library (in the product)– Log into your account or sign up for a teacher trial to try out the free and professional 650,000+ video, image, and audio assets in the WeVideo Essentials library.
News, Stories, and Events
- WeVideo Live at ISTE 2018 (video)– Check out the highlights from ISTE18. WeVideo was thrilled to learn how educators are using video creation in their classrooms to develop 21st century skills and drive authentic learning.
- Global Student Voice Film Festival (blog post)– check out these amazing winning student-created films for the Global Student Voice Film Festival, “In Another’s Shoes.”
- San Ramon Summer Imagineering program (Blog post: Part 1, Part 2): Check out how San Ramon Valley schools used video creation to drive learning over this summer.
- Building empathy and active listening the classroom (blog post)– Check out this blog post by WeVideo Chief Education Officer, Dr. Nathan Lang-Raad, on how to develop the right classroom conditions for student voices to make an impact.
- Building the student-centered classroom (blog post)– Check out this blog post by WeVideo Chief Education Officer, Dr. Nathan Lang-Raad, on the teacher’s role in creating a student-centered classroom.
What did you think of our first video newsletter! Let us know on twitter @wevideo
Have a great back-to-school season!
❤, The WeVideo Education Team