Our QA engineer, Eddie, turned into a zombie 🧟, but he’s still pretty helpful around here! Check out this month’s newsletter full of things like how to make scary videos, setting the tone for parent teacher conferences, and more! And like Zombie Eddie says, you’re welcome to join us in our WeVideo for Educators Facebook group. Muahahahhaha!
Did you love our 💀spooky video?
- How to make your videos spooky– Want to make a creepy, scary, suspenseful, chilling video? Read this blog post on how to give your audience that bone-chilling fright! 😱
- Try this! Halloween motion titles and spooky sounds and images– “Eerie,” “ghost,” “scream.” Search the WeVideo Essentials library for spooky things to add to your videos, and top it off with a Halloween motion title.Search “Halloween” in WeVideo Essentials to get the video of the zombie arm and add the Halloween motion title on top.
Video ideas to transform your classroom and school:
- 3 ways video can help teachers set the tone for meaningful parent-teacher conferences– Check out this article from award-winning tech coach, Jennifer Eggert, on how to transform the feeling of your parent-teacher conferences with the use of video.
- Happy National Principals Month! A spotlight on Andy Jacks– Principal Andy Jacks is the kind of school leader with the contagious energy of a motivational speaker and full of principal love. He is also the creator of the famous #30SecondBookTalks videos. Watch his videos for the ultimate video idea inspiration.
Things to noodle on:
- Student Voice: Finding the courage to tell your story– Are you looking for ways for students to exercise their voice for impact? The 2019 Global Student Voice Film Festival 2019 has launched! This year’s film theme is “Activating Change.” Find out more!
- Preparing the next generation of leaders at Oswego, New York– Find out how super star teacher, Nick Little, leads his students with the adoption of The Leader in Me–The Seven Habits of Happy Kids developed by the Steven Covey Foundation–aimed at promoting student leadership skills.
- Kindness caught on camera– Check out this fascinating social experiment that Matthew Baganz and his students devised involving a hidden camera, student actors, and a plan to see if a passerbys would help someone in need.
Get in some appsmashing PD time:
- The perfect pair! Appsmashing WeVideo and Soundtrap Webinar (October 24, 1-2pm CST)– Learn how schools are using WeVideo and Soundtrap to foster creativity, collaboration and communication in the classroom and how valuable this edtech duo can be. Join educators from the Pocahontas Area School District share how they use the two. Register here
- FREE! Digital storytelling toolkit
- NEW! Educator’s Guide to WeVideo
- Accepting submissions for the Educator Resource Hub
- Join our Facebook group!
What ideas or learnings will you take with you from this month’s newsletter Comment below or let us know on twitter @wevideo
Have a spooky October 👻!
🎃 , The WeVideo Education Team