We hope you had a wonderful summer! We’ve been eager to share what we’ve been working on over the summer. Watch our very first *VIDEO* newsletter to get updates, project ideas, inspiration, and more! ?
- (NEW!) Educator’s Getting Started Guide (google doc)- Check out our brand new guide filled with helpful tips to get started successfully and ideas and inspiration for projects and implementation.
- (NEW!) Educator Resource Hub (submit your idea)– The WeVideo for Schools website is getting a makeover! We will be launching an educator hub where you can access video examples and inspiration, lesson plans, and tutorials. Have a great idea to share for the educator hub?
Submit your videos, lesson plans, tutorials here
Project Ideas, Demos, Updates
- How to make a back-to-school video (blog post)– Check out 4 back-to-school video ideas you can make and how to make them
- Tracy Stegall 6th grade expectations video (blog post)– Check out how this Boulder Colorado school created an “expectations video” that was both funny and meaningful
- Green Screen Tutorial (video)– Learn how easy it is to use the green screen feature on WeVideo to change out a background or change out just a smaller portion of the video
- Essentials Library (in the product)– Log into your account or sign up for a teacher trial to try out the free and professional 650,000+ video, image, and audio assets in the WeVideo Essentials library.
News, Stories, and Events
- WeVideo Live at ISTE 2018 (video)– Check out the highlights from ISTE18. WeVideo was thrilled to learn how educators are using video creation in their classrooms to develop 21st-century skills and drive authentic learning.
- Global Student Voice Film Festival (blog post)– check out these amazing winning student-created films for the Global Student Voice Film Festival, “In Another’s Shoes.”
- Building empathy and active listening the classroom (blog post)– Check out this blog post by WeVideo Chief Education Officer, Dr. Nathan Lang-Raad, on how to develop the right classroom conditions for student voices to make an impact.
- Building the student-centered classroom (blog post)– Check out this blog post by WeVideo Chief Education Officer, Dr. Nathan Lang-Raad, on the teacher’s role in creating a student-centered classroom.
What did you think of our first video newsletter! Let us know on twitter @wevideo
Have a great back-to-school season!
❤, The WeVideo Education Team